30 October 2005

Food

My dinner today was at 15minutes to 9. There was no one to cook for me, so I had to go out to hire one. Took my new chef to cook one Nasi Goreng USA (USA fried rice? why do they call that?) around 5 minutues to cook my lovely dinner (which did not turn out as nice as it sounds.) and it cost me RM5. In the end, I had to eat leftpver curry (of 2 weeks I think) with some bread to really keep me happy.

It is not a balance diet. And some of my nutritionists friends would scream in horrow over my bad selection. It is oily, filled with carbon from the frying wok, high in calories, low in vitamin C, tasteless, has green peas and chicken drumstick is so skinny.

I love a good meal with all the necessary nutrient at the right time, but it seems like a twisted fate that I have to eat an imbalance diet for the past few weeks or so and eating at the wrong time.

Of course, I get to eat whenever I want, except for dinner which I have to eat with my family. It is just that sometimes when you are caught up with work, or you totally missed the breadman van or your class starts at the wrong time with no hope of getting a break in between.

When you finally overcome all the big obstacles, the first thing you want to do is eat anything that is being served no matter how many odd colours there are in the dish you have ordered. Same applied for what happened today, but not as bad.

For preventive measure, say a prayer and thank God for the food, get Him to sanctify the food or risk having a tummy ache with indigestion or something along that line. OK, that happened not too long ago, I was being adventurous.

So, here you are. If you are interested in the meaning of eating and its significance, read this. It is actually quite interesting.

Till then, chow!

p.s. This post was inspired by both her and the stomach.

No comments: