11 October 2005

Amazing prayer

I might be taking things from God for granted. But all these while, He has been very good to me and my family. Praying is something that I am not very good at. I seldom do it now since the fasting month ended on the 31st of August. I do pray, at least I try. Praying is not that frequent too. But when a prayer is made, God surely moves.

Like the other day in April when I drove to Cherating with several of my church mates for our Church camp with bad tires and invisible road tax for the car. We did not get into trouble with the wet weather and the local authorities (police, which happened to set a road block about 250m from our camp site). We could have gotten into lots of trouble no doubt, but God's grace is there.

Now, there is another story to it. It may not as dramatic as the former, but still as amazing as God itself. While we drove to Cameron Highland for the weekend, the engine of the truck we drove just died after turning right at the traffic light from the toll in Simpang Pulai.

Guessing it was just the alternator problem that caused the battery to run flat, my dad contacted the truck's manufacturer to get a local mechanic to replace the battery. However, even the replacement did not solve the problem. But an ingenious trick got the truck to start up again.

Otherwise, we would be stuck in Simpang Pulai (about 10km south of Ipoh) and our weekend trip would be cancelled.

All things were as normal until we arrived home on Sunday evening. That is when the truck finally gave up for good.

How can this be explained? Hmm.. not very well. But even if it is a mechanical problem, God's grace must have been there. If it wasn't for Him, we would have been a new resident of Simpang Pulai roadside or Cameron Highland.

And all of these because of a simple prayer made before the trip.

No comments: