22 June 2005

Weird weekend

Here is a quick idea of what happened since last Friday.
  1. A phone call from a friend's friend.
  2. History class makes History.
  3. Feeling violated by a guy?
  4. Busybody...
  5. BBQ in the mountains!
Here are the elaborates of each incident!

On a quiet Friday night after coming back from cell group, my hand phone rang at 2300hours. Seeing that it is an unknown number, I took all possible precautionary measures by:
  • studying the number of the phone.
  • press the answer button
  • slowly put ear piece next to ear
  • say "hello?"
To my surprise, the voice sounds very familiar but I could not make out who it was. The voice then said, "Is Tan with you? Can I speak to her?" Simply shocked by the question, I blurted out that I did not see his girlfriend at all since Wednesday. The guy then appologise and hanged up after that.

After that call, I quickly evaluate my actions of the past 12 months before and after I met her to see if I have done anything that I could be guilty off. Thank goodness for being a "good boy", I slept soundly that night.

**********

H
istory class has set a new record. Including the history test, the total time of history class is 3 and a half hours! It is an amazing record indeed. This class also set the longest Saturday class time, from 9 to 5!

But my salute to my History teacher, Mr Rah. He has to endure two sessions of three and a half hours each with little break in between. That includes going down to take the extra set of test papers for us. Thanks sir!

**********

Now I know how it feels like when a girl feels violated. I was in the line with my friends at the mamak (Indian Muslim) restaurant preparing to pay my bill at the counter. Since this is a shop I frequent, I know most of the friendly waiters there. A friendly pat on the shoulder was common.

But what happened was stunning. As I was about to pay, a waiter (one of the friendliest) came behind me and gave me a pat. A pat that quickly became a rub from the top of the shoulder to the area just above my butt. That gave me my second wakeup call of the morning. I quickly turn around and gave him a stunned look while saying the thing that is always at my tip of the tounge: Wwwhhheeeeeeeiiii!! At the same time, I could see my other guy classmate's stunned face too looking at me.

I quickly hand over my cash and was about to turn to leave when that waiter move forward and spoke closely into my ear (something which I could not make out). The distance was way, waaayyy, waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy beyond the comfort level of a guy to guy whisper. I sillily gave a silly smile and turned away, moving to the nearest female object I could find.

Trying to hint my girl friend that we NEEDED to move, I said something any surprised person would say ("wwoooooooowwwww") a little too loud. The next thing I know is that the waiter called me and waved at me, scaring me even more.

We continued to move on and my guy friend began relating to the girls what happened. That made me wonder, why don't I have a girl friend when I really need one.

The Moral of the story is:
  1. I will choose a girl over a guy at any time.
  2. I will have a girl next to me all the time everytime I enter that mamak again.
**********

C
onversation between me and an unknown 5 year old kid (I think he is that young) I met on the way home on Sunday after cobine church celebration in Wisma Angkasa.
Me: Did you do the butterfly? (A craft the children did in Sunday school)
Kid: (pause)
Kid: Busybody...
Me: ...

Moral of the story: Kids know their lesson well on not talking to strangers...

**********

T
o celebrate father's day, I have decided to follow both my parents to Karak for dinner in the hills. It was a spectacular place with a great view. The only thing was, with nature, you will have to deal with mosquitoes, flies, and many Unidentified Flying Insects.

Having a BBQ dinner there is a good idea. It was pot luck, everyone brought something that could be eaten. In the end, there were so much meat and so little carbohidrate that my nutriotionist friends would shake their head in disgust. However, the good news was that the fish we had were fresh and directly from the pond near by.

We could have had ducks too, but it would be too much hassle to chase, chop and clean.

The pictures of this place would be out soon. Till then, enjoy and be blessed!

1 comment:

Dissociated Mind said...

Boy, u're HOT STUFF! Haahahah

Btw.. this chase, chop duck thing is a little confusing. ahhaha U don't actually catch the duck first but chop it the moment u catch up with it izzit? *laughs* I'm just teasing you... Miss u and home, man! Be good.. =)