07 August 2006

Love Stories - Introduction

Love, is everywhere. Yup. And mine is exciting as empty flat table collecting dust. Or is it more like molds growing on bread? I do not know.

Not that I am complaining about the lack of love in my life. My life is filled with it, especially from God, family and friends. Also the love for sleeping, watching movie/anime and reading newspaper, and this.. and that..

Today I am telling stories of love from an audience point of view (POV). I have been listening to and watching several stories to share in online. This is what long holidays do to you. So, the first one is the movie: The Break Up by Vince what-his-name and Jennifer Anniston. The show is about how they broke up and wanting to get each other jealous.

Watching it with friends (especially girls when you think it is a romantic comedy) is fun (until you realise that it is anything but). There are lots to learn (from this not-so-romantic drama).

At the end of the movie, the girl (old school friend) sitting next to me jumped on me (not literally) with the question: "Don't you think it is the guy's fault?"

Huh?? I was caught off guard. So to play it safe, I told the girl that it is the guy's fault for being so duh and self-centred, but it is also the dame's fault too for not making it clear to him too. Well, my friend became speachless for a few seconds but still insisted that it was the guy's fault indirectly.

But to think of it, you cannot put the blame entirely on one side. Because relationships are meant to be two ways instead of one. I can boldly tell you that the guy is just plain silly for being self-centred, but would I repeat the same mistake I see? Sure, he had good intentions of being nice and cheering the girlfriend up and yet he did it badly. Sigh... seems like there are so much to learn in a relationship.

However, this is my opinion. I think I wrote with my points all over the place. So please have mercy on me if you are lost. For a clearer picture, please read the Christian POV about this movie.

Enough of POVs for now. Next time lah..

Cheers!

No comments: