14 August 2006

Irregularities

I am never for being constant. This is probably my 120th time I am trying to write an entry but again, I lost inspiration on what to write. Hmmm.. maybe that is my constant. So, here is an update on what I have been trying to occupy my holiday with (in point form).

  • Meeting up with old school friends and church mates. I think I have neglected my college mates. errr...
  • Book reading: Matthew, supposed to read Mark too =P
  • Stufdying: Matthew, and how to set up a secure wireless network for my house
  • Movie/Anime watching: 3 so far in the cinema, another 25 episodes of Bleach, and 26 episodes of Chobits.
  • Said: Not that I can remember but this are two things that stayed in my mind for a long time. Both to dad
Dad: Why is your closet so messy?
Me: Err.. I have not reached there yet.
Dad: What do you mean have not reached there yet? When are you going to finish cleaning your room? December?
Me: No lah, can finish by September.
Dad: Huuh... smart alec, come here!..
Me: run...!!

*****

Dad: If you are perfect like me, then you do not need God.
Me: Then why do you need insurance coverage for your workers?
Dad: (pause)
Me: See like work, God is the best insurance, and gives good assurance too!
Dad: (his classic speechless grin)
Mom: Charm liao (Oh oh..), see your son can outwit you liao..

*****

Fan: you want to watch Lady in the water with us? Or are you too scared?
Me: I can, but I need to ask my mom first!
Fan: Fine, come out with more excuse..
Me: OK, ok. But still have to ask my mom first! (thus little Jack was pressured into watching a movie in which he giggled and laughed all the way although it has a pretty serious message behind it.)

So, once again, I am going to leave this post hanging again with a bad ending. I see another constant here. Cheers!

Note: Most conversation has been paraphrased.

1 comment:

Dissociated Mind said...

Haha... u're getting sharper. I like the way you called it dad's classic speechless grin.