14 September 2005

Bus stop meeting?

I have been involved with the local public transportation sector these past few weeks. Due to rising cost in traveling by car (blame petrol, it cost me RM63 to pump a full tank when it was nearly RM55 the last time!) traveling to college by bus is the cheapest option. The reasons:
  1. It cost RM3 per day.
  2. The price remained the same the past 2 years or more.
  3. It now cost me RM7 a day compared to RM5 before the price hike.
  4. I get to sleep in the bus on the way back
  5. I get to read while waiting for the bus to come
  6. I get to meet people (or see) people, nice looking people while waiting for the bus to come. (some people would definitely protest to that)
Now, I usually see people instead of meeting people there. My traveling companion, also my classmate, does much more seeing than I do. And when there is something good to see, my friend will distract me from my book to see the nice looking people. To be honest, I am usually too shy to look myself. You seriously have to believe me!

One faithful day, my friend decided to attend the later class, leaving me alone at the bus stop. A bus came by and a lady got off the bus asking me for a if a certain bus has passed by. Telling her that I was waiting for the bus she mentioned, we started talking a little.

It went on for about until the bus arrived, until we reached our destination and until we parted our ways.

That was the end of it. Knowing that I might bump into her once in a blue moon.

The next day, the blue moon rose again. I bumped into the lady on the way back home from college with my traveling mate at the bus stop. A quick introduction later, the lady and I started talking. While my friend of mine, became absolutely quiet and look into the blank. We waited for the bus for almost an hour that day for the bus to come. The lady later mentioned that she has been waiting at least an hour before we arrived.

Like striking the lottery twice, the moon rose again on the third day and we met the lady again on the way back home. And immediately, she told us that she had been waiting at least an hour there. After a while, the lady convinced us to share a taxi back to home.

On the fourth day, my friend told me when we were leaving college that if we do bump into the lady, we will have to wait at least another hour before going home. As soon as we reached the bus stop, he quickly gave a quick scan of the area before letting of a sigh of relieve. When the bus finally arrived, I thought I heard him say "yippee". Well, it seems like the blue moon missed its cue.

All these meetings could be summed down to a few statements and a few questions. It is not that I am not glad to see her, I am afraid of seeing this lovely aunty! Don't get me wrong, she is a lovely lady and friendly. But there is this barrier of discomfort that bugs me, about our age barrier and her being a little too friendly. BUT, if she were to be 30 years younger, I would not mind. If she were to be a model, rich, smart, intelligent... well, you get the drift.

Hmm.. so what do you expect from all these encounters? Not much, we would be meeting more of her in future. Girls will protest to some of these, like Mythweaver. For understanding a little on why girls would do this, read this.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe. she must be quite aged huh? yeah, taking the public transport is cool in some ways...i take the ktm + lrt + feeder bus everyday without fail. but i do it alone. sigh. and its cheaper than driving-i've made my calculations ;-) the sucky part is waiting. u know how local systems are. they run like a horde of pms-ing women. sheesh. maybe the petrol hike will force them to be more efficient. heh.

xiong said...

She is in her late 40s I think.

Petrol hike will only force them to be more expensive horde of pms-ing women. Sheesh... even predicting when my handphone is going to ring is even easier.

The answer is: Never!