01 October 2006

Living by faith

It is funny how God reminds us how to live our life depending on Him all the time. All my Christian life (until now, mind you I am still a young one :] ), I still have trouble believing that God is larger than the situation I am facing. Pastor Mal was preaching on living life by faith this Sunday morning and yup, it is God passing His reminder on me again.

The other day, I skipped my usual Friday Church meeting so I can help out in the Mooncake Festival helping my college organised. Brilliant event which has so much potential to explode into chaos, which did not (this story for another time). By the time I managed to escape the clutches of after party cleanup Kwee (my friend) and I quickly ran home, hoping to catch the next possible bus back to Sub.

By the time we reached there, it was nearly 22.50 and there was no bus in sight. Asking the bus operator revealed that we will have to wait for the last bus (at 23.30) to take us home. Now, the plot thickens - I need to take a connecting bus into USJ (last bus at 0.00) or else I will have to pretend to be homeless for a night.

All those time I have always wondered if the 23.30 bus will be able to make to Sub in time. I guess the bus operator was trying to reassure me everytime I asked.

Finally, we got onto the bus and slowly rumbled through the night along LDP 23.32 onwards.

When my friend finally got off at his stop, I was alone in the bus, at the mercy of the not-so-happy-looking bus driver. When my stop came, I quickly got off and ran toward the connecting bus at 23:57. The smilling bus driver told me that the lucky fellow I am did not miss this bus to PJ Utama.

"PJ? But, but.." "Oh, it is ok, I can drop you somewhere near by (while you figure how you get to your place)" "errr.. Ok, thanks"

So off I got a few stops later waiting at the side of the road feeling a little nervous. The next few minutes was pretty tense. I was in a delima, I could call sis to come or grab a taxi or play with the stray dog. I prayed to God a little and that calmed me, giving a little assurance that a bus will come grab me.

Sure enough, 5 years later a bus came and stole me away from the dark, lonliness of the night (sure, the was oddly a lot of traffic at that time).

Yeah, I managed to get home alright. =)

Thanks for reading. Will try to update soon. Till then, Cheers!

No comments: